The power of data: How artificial intelligence will help unveil the future of aviation
zeroG and Brussels Airlines organize a hackathon in Brussels: "Unlock the Power of Data"
Frankfurt/Brussels, 23rd November 2023. zeroG and Brussels Airlines are holding a hackathon entitled “Unlock the Power of Data” from 23 to 24 November in Brussels to unlock the immense potential of data and artificial intelligence (AI) in the aviation industry. The almost 100 participants will gain practical experience with real data from Brussels Airlines to bridge the gap between data-driven innovation and concrete aviation solutions.
“Think sustainability, efficiency and comfort – that’s what we’re diving into with seven everyday aviation topics. We’re talking about everything from saving fuel and cutting waste to customer feedback,” shares Manuel van Esch, the CEO at zeroG. “Our hackathon’s main purpose? Cook up a bunch of proofs-of-concept that size up the business case and check the tech feasibility for each scenario. It's the starting point for making data and AI-technology have a real impact on Brussels Airlines!”
As the largest airline of Belgium, Brussels Airlines provides valuable data and insights for this dynamic collaboration. The approximately 70 data scientists and AI experts from zeroG, partnering with 20 analysts and data experts from Brussels Airlines, form the heart of it all, working in small teams to develop innovative solution concepts on how machine learning and artificial intelligence can be used profitably in aviation. Microsoft experts are also on-site to support the realization of these cases using Microsoft Azure.
A selection of the evaluated use cases
- Zero-fuel-weight Prediction: This use case addresses the challenge of saving millions of kilograms of fuel annually by analyzing fuel overage occurrences, quantifying their real impact through data, and exploring sustainable solutions.
- Buy-on-board Fresh Food Waste Management: Introducing an AI tool which minimizes waste and offering potential time and cost savings.
- Performance Loop Boost: This use case involves a comprehensive analysis of Brussels Airlines’ Data Architecture, collaborating with business stakeholders to identify priority use cases for tangible impact.
- Data Culture Workshop: This working session led by zeroG Data Leadership program instructors aims to establish data leadership characteristics and a sustainable data culture at Brussels Airlines through training and hands-on use cases.
- Cabin Natural Language Processing Model Re-vamp: The Cabin NLP model at Brussels Airlines is being upgraded to enhance crew AI reporting, including new methods for interpreting customer feedback.
zeroG is the expert center for data driven, AI and machine learning solutions in aviation. With a cross-skilled team of 85 data and AI experts zeroG builds impactful solutions for world-leading airlines since 2015. The company, which is part of Lufthansa Systems, is set to solve challenges in commercial aviation by building cutting-edge data and machine learning application for airlines. zeroG is a trusted partner to industry customers and partners like Microsoft Azure, while delivering human-centered, end-to-end data science solutions, that help clients eliminate cost, boost productivity and discover new business potentials.
Mrs. Francesca Vetter
Tel.: +49 (0)69 696 90776
E-Mail: [email protected]